HOW TO MAKE A DO-IT-YOURSELF DEEP CONDITIONER
There are lots of formulas for making homemade deep conditioning masks but this one is a must-try because it contains ingredients which provide numerous benefits for your hair. All you need are items which you almost always have in the house with you and a very special ingredient. You can apply this treatment every 2 weeks or less frequently according to the condition of your hair.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons of Uhai oil blend (special ingredient)
- A blender, a whisk, or a mixer to combine the mixture (You can also mix the ingredients with a spoon, but you might not get a smooth consistency.)
Now let’s get started
Step 1: Cut open the avocado, remove the seed, peel the avocado from its skin and mash in a bowl.
Step 2: Put the egg in another bowl, add the honey and oil blend and whisk until frothy
Step 3: Pour the egg mixture into the avocado bowl and whisk/mix/blend until it forms a smooth paste.
Step 4: Apply on damp hair beginning with your scalp and work it down to your ends. Massage the mixture into your scalp for about 5 minutes and then cover your hair with a plastic cap for 15 to 20 minutes. You can also leave the cap on overnight if you have very dry hair.
Step 5: After the allotted time is up, rinse your hair with cold or room temperature water. You can rinse out your hair as many times as you need to remove all traces of the conditioner.
Very important tip: Whenever you are using a deep conditioning mask which has egg as part of its ingredients, never use warm or hot water to rinse out your hair because the hot water will cook the egg in the mixture. So, stick with cold or room temperature water if you do not want cooked bits of egg in your hair.
Benefits of the ingredients in this deep conditioner:
- Avocado: A great source for amino acids and protein, avocado helps with reviving and rejuvenating the hair by soothing the scalp and promoting hair growth. It also helps to prevent dandruff.
- Uhai oil blend is a mix of essential oils and ingredients like Baobab oil, coconut oil, rosemary oil and aloe leaf juice. This blend will soften and hydrate your hair without leaving any traces of greasiness.
- Honey: Honey is a natural emollient which adds moisture to your hair and gives it shine. It also has antibacterial properties which means that it can prevent infections that cause the scalp to feel dry and itchy.
- Egg: As an excellent source of protein, eggs help to improve hair texture and boost growth. The fact that they are also rich in antioxidants means a reduction in hair loss and breakage.
When combined, each one of these ingredients works together to give excellent results. Many people have said that their hair felt softer immediately after using this deep conditioner. Most even admitted to their curls being revived. Instead of reading on what others have to say, why don’t you try this for yourself and give your hair a treatment it deserves. And who knows, this just might end up having a permanent spot in your hair care routine.